Onsite ODBS training classes are hosted at your location.
Bulli Ray offers two hour classes that provides a full presentation on Dog Bite Prevention.
- Each Employer – Shall furnish to each of his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees.
In a controlled environment our ODBS training, gives employees the opportunity to gain practical experience in dealing with dog attacks. Your employees will have the opportunity to experience training sessions that feature our live dogs in presentations that will teach you and your employees how to prevent dangerous situations, as well as how to respond when it is not avoidable.
There is no replacement for the practical learning experience. While in the class, attendees will be taught a full spectrum of dog bite safety, from the psychology of the dog, how to avoid attacks, self defense methods, and how to use effective self protection devices.
These interactive classes will demonstrate frequently encountered situations in which employees are likely to find themselves in. This involves participation from the attendees, which enhances the learning experience.
What to Expect in Class:
- Canine Statistics
- Self Defense Methods : Never trust the owners’ ability to control their animal.
- Volunteers will be suited up for “Live Canine Bites”.
- Learn the differences between the defensive and the predatory dogs. We use live dogs to show what advantage the attacking dog has over the employee. What employees need to know to protect themselves. The dogs will show how quickly they can take a man down. What are the dog’s weaknesses and the employee’s strengths?
- Canine Behavior : Who has raised a puppy? How dogs are raised will give the field employee understanding on how they behave around humans.
- Explanation of canine and human posturing – Understanding canine/employee imprinting and conditioning – Negative/Positive reinforcements.
- Brief explanation of human/pack and/or K9 pack (early established dominance/submission, alpha position, hierarchy, how employees posturing is perceived by the dog (i.e. frontal/neutral/submissive)
- Direct eye contact and a dominate stance when approaching the yard.
- Why dogs bite? (Fear, puppies, dominance or pain)
- Fence & Barrier: Postal carrier is a classic example, (chains, vehicles, glass, screens, and fences). Explaining how different approaches can affect the dog’s confidence.
- Why befriending dogs on their route, playing ball and feeding dogs can cause other problems. Why a dog that has never shown aggressive behavior can change from one visit to another.
- Human/canine ‘teams’ brings the animal much more strength/confidence.
- Keep some distance between you and the dog. Why? How much distance is enough?
- Interactive class scenarios.
- Pack of dogs: How would you fend off a pack of dogs?
- Situational Awareness
No videotaping! Flash photography is permitted.
SELF PROTECTION DEVICES
- Dog Bite Stick/Baton
- Sprays/Dazzer (ultra-sonic device)
- Always be on look out for anything within reach to use as protection in order to defend yourself.
Visit our Contact page to contact us for more information on ODBS Training.